Waste Heat (Energy) Re-Use
Heat energy in the ERW loop is available to heat the ESIF building Process Hot Water (PHW) loop through the use of heat exchangers.
Once heated, the PHW loop supplies:
- Active Chilled Beams to heat the Office space
- Air Handlers to heat the Conference and High Bay spaces
- Snow Melt loop in the courtyard approaching the main entrance of the ESIF building
- District Heating loop
- If additional heat is needed for the building, the PHW loop can draw heat from the Campus Heating loop
- If surplus heat is available, the PHW lop can provide heat to the Campus Heating loop. During transition months (April and October), excess heat from ESIF has been sufficient to provide heat for other buildings, shortening time the boilers are needed to provide campus heat.
last modified Feb 22, 2017 06:59 AM